Shepherd Bushiri is running out of places to hide, and the charges are mounting up against the fugitive pastor: Arrest warrants for rape have now been issued. Three arrest warrants for rape have been authorised against Sheperd Bushiri, after two women came forward to detail their alleged ordeals at the hands of the pastor back in August. These are additional warrants to the ones issued on behalf of the self-proclaimed prophet’s fraud charges, and his successful attempts to flee the country earlier this month alongside wife Mary. Bushiri now facing arrest for r@pe
SHEPHERD BUSHIRI FACING RAPE CHARGES
The Bushiris were earlier this month released on R200 000 bail each for charges relating to theft, money laundering, and fraud in connection with an alleged R100 million investment scheme. Bail conditions included them not travelling beyond Gauteng and the North West. They were also expected to report to a police station twice a week, on Mondays and Fridays.
However, both Mary and Shepherd Bushiri were able to sneak their way out of SA and into Malawi. Since then, the additional charges have been piling up. On Monday, three counts of rape were added to the millionaire’s charge sheet.
Also Read – Breaking News : Anele Ngcongca (33) Has Died
GOVERNMENT REJECTS CLAIMS ABOUT ‘CONSPIRACY’
The government has reiterated its commitment to investigating and swiftly extraditing the fugitive evangelical couple. In a statement, SA relevant Cabinet authorities said they would investigate the matter and use all the legal instruments to bring back the couple to South Africa to face criminal charges.
Three arrest warrants for rape have been authorised against Prophet Shepherd Bushiri of South Africa.
— Lord Abraham Mutai (@ItsMutai) November 23, 2020
Following newspaper reports which detailed how the couple was smuggled out of the country, the government said the story by the Sunday Independent made “false claims and assertions from unnamed sources”. The paper also published a claim about Lesotho, which was allegedly used as an escape route for the Bushiris. But Cabinet rejects this notion:
“This story sought to embarrass and implicate the Minister of International Relations and Cooperation, Dr Naledi Pandor, and unnamed Ministers in crimes and conspiracy, for which the Sunday Independent has produced absolutely no evidence and will not be able to substantiate.”
“Government cautions the public in South Africa and elsewhere to treat news coverage on this matter with caution and circumspection, in view of baseless reports that emerged this past week.”