DBN Gogo’s (Mandisa Radebe) True Identity Revealed. One of Mzansi’s most kept secret has come out and South Africans are shocked. It has emerged that upcoming house music Dj, DBN Gogo has carved out a name for herself without using any of her impressive family links. DBN Gogo, real name Mandisa Radebe is actually Jeff Radebe’s daughter. Jeff Radebe is a former South African minister of Energy.
If you haven’t seen the moniker DBN Gogo on a poster yet, where have you been?
The 27-year-old Durban native is currently the hottest DJ in the game. Real name Mandisa Radebe, DBN Gogo undoubtedly owns 2020 on the decks.
Well it does not stop there. See, Jeff Radebe happens to be Cyril Ramaphosa and Patrice Motsepe’s brother in law. The president and Patrice married Jeff Radebe’s sisters.
Now back to DBN Gogo, the DJ has managed to make a name for herself. twitter was shocked to learn of her real identity.
Only finding out now that DBN Gogo is Jeff Radebe’s daughter… she really worked for herself without using her parent’s identity, I love that for her
— Views (@Xhosa_Goddess) January 7, 2021
Here are 10 more things you might not have known about DBN Gogo
- I am actually from Durban, I’ve just lived in Pretoria most of my life and that’s where most people know me from now.
- I’m currently studying law, yes law!
- I’ve officially been djing for a year and a half now and I’ve loved every second of it.
- I used to live in France. I’ve actually travelled Europe and have been exposed to a diverse mix of music styles.
- I am fluent in French
- My real name is Mandisa lol!
- I play all sorts of house, not just gqom- that’s just what I’m best known for.
- My friends gave me the name Dbn Gogo. Long story, don’t ask. But there was a bus, a festival and girl talk… that’s as much as I can say!
- I’m a huge fan of SA hip hop
- I’m not really a Gogo, as you can see!
Gogo is relatively new in the business behind the decks, after starting to deejay three years ago.
“It’s something I’ve always wanted to do. I’ve always just been very musical. I used to play the piano, sing, dance, I used to do everything; it was just one of those things I hadn’t tried. It kind of sort of found me,” she says.
She expressed her gratitude at the support she’s been receiving.