And with her star rising with every episode she appears on, it is without a doubt that Soso Rungqu is in it for the long haul.
Since 2017 the actress has read
Here are a few things we’ve come to learn about Soso:
- She’s 34-years old and was born in East London.
- The actress is an alumni of the University of Pretoria and holds a degree in Performance Art. Well, we guess Duma Ndlovu will definitely be hitting her up for more roles.
- Soso has great admiration for fellow Isidingo actress – Khabonina she has revealed this in their latest interview with Drum magazine saying: ” I grew up watching her on TV. I knew one day I’d get there because I could see a bit of my self in her, that’s why we get along so well.”
- Her ultimate character is to play the role of Brenda Fassie – “I’ve always said this, ‘one day I’m going to play uBrenda Fassie.’ I’ve always said this. And then I went on Zaziwa long before what’s happening now and when Pearl asked me what role I would like to play I was like ‘Yo man I would love to play Brenda Fassie.”
- For 10-years she struggled to get good acting jobs but that never deterred her from reaching her dreams of becoming one of the most notable actresses in the country.
- Soso is a mother of a sixteen-year-old son.
Soso is clearly a favourite amongst Isidingo viewers as well.
Soso Rungqu who plays Morongwa on Isidingo is such a gem! 😂👏 Her scene where she was tuning Barker what time it is wooooow! 👏👏
— Pampi (@MissPampi) February 9, 2017
Soso Rungqu uyandigcaza,ezashori zakhe,such a talented actress oh she's Morongwa on Isidingo.
— Sibongile Jafta (@SibongileJafta) June 6, 2016
And we can never forget this epic performance by her that had the whole country in stitches for the entire week.