His characters on shows like Isthembiso & Umlilo have made him one of S.A.’s most disliked characters on television.
But this is just a testament to how brilliant this man is at his craft.
Dlamini, who is also an actor on Five Fingers for Marseilles which celebrated a great opening weekend recently, has enjoyed more than two decades of being in the acting industry.
Although it has not been a smooth ride for the 48-year-old, the hardships have definitely been worth it.
Here are a couple of things we’ve come to learn about the actor:
- His parents had their eyes set on him becoming a doctor but he knew that he belonged to the arts.
- At the 12th Annual SAFTAs, he walked away with an award for Best Actor In a Soapie/Telenovela.
- Hamilton is a son of a truck driver and a stay-at-home mom, he grew up in Sebokeng, Gauteng.
- In an interview with Drum magazine the actor admitted that he does not usually hang in places where most celebrities would hang, instead, he’d prefer to be at areas that help him build up the characters he’s working towards. ” I got to shebeens and places that are considered dangerous because that’s where I learn to build my characters.”
- Dlamini is a loving father of three kids aged 22, 19 and 15.
- The actor has been married for 23-years to his wife Martha whom he met in Hillbrow many years ago.
- Hamilton is also busy writing his memoir which will entail his experience as an actor. He is also set to travel to the U.S. and the U.K. to promote his latest theatre play titled – The Head and the Load